Since each business’s scale, goals, and audience are different, your Web site’s particular strategy will need to be adaptive. You should think of your Web marketing strategy as something constantly changing and evolving—just like your business. The key to keeping people coming back to your Web site is fresh content. There are certain Web Marketing priorities that you should definitely have in your Web site’s maintenance plan in order to reach and captivate your target audience.
Website Optimization with a Plan
Once you decide to incorporate SEO into your site with T1, we will formulate a comprehensive plan that will target your market in a way that will get your site moving up the Search Engine rankings with honest, proven methods that won't get your site banned or excluded from the Search Engine indexes. Our SEO programmers will work with you to redevelop your keyword list based on real search criteria data. Our SEO content developers will create real informative content in the form of blog entries, blurbs and industry relevant articles. Don't settle for less when it comes to your marketing dollars. We don't use any of the dirty tricks of the trade that some of optimization sites use. Beware of companies that promise results, but never deliver. Contact us to learn more about our SEO services. Your online business can't afford not to.
Forget about what your Web Designer has told you...
We have helped many clients that have relied on their site designer to handle their Search Engine Optimization (SEO) programming only to find that their pages are not getting the ranks that they require to get the exposure that they desire. There are several SEO & SEM components necessary to make a site search engine friendly other than meta tags, keywords and search engine submission. Many Web design companies say that they understand how search engines work because their competitors are saying the same thing and they need to keep up or they believe that they really do understand the search engines and have no clue.
The following is a glimpse at the strategy that T1 has found works well for businesses that apply these techniques to their Web site’s coding and marketing plan:
- Create well-written, original content that fills your business’s niche and is relevant to your customers and prospective customers.
- Research target keywords and place them in strategic locations within your markup. Your keyword density should not exceed 7%.
- Use semantic, standards-compliant code in all of your pages.
- Meet accessibility guidelines to ensure your site’s content is readable by the search engines.
- Create predictable, intuitive, search engine-friendly hyperlinks.
- Create inbound links where possible and promote your site on other sites. For example, industry associations, area chamber of commerce sites, member groups, business partner sites, related blogs, etc.
- Publish a robots.txt file and a sitemap.xml file, and then notify major search engines of your sitemap file.
- Create custom 404 pages (error pages) to get users back to your homepage.
- Create an HTML sitemap page to help users and search engines navigate your Web site.
- Add a local search engine to your site (Google or Yahoo!).
- Use micro-formats to make content such as events and contact information portable to mobile devices.
- Create a blog that notifies major ping services of new content.
- Syndicate content with relevant RSS feeds where possible.
- Promote viral exchanges of your content. Use Viral Marketing as much as possible.
- Employ joint venture strategies if they are available to you.
- Optimize your Web site’s HTML for optimal search engine indexing.
- Build and utilize a mailing list with an email Web application (e.g. iContact, MailChimp; Constant Contact, etc.)
- Consider creating a Google AdWords campaign to generate immediate traffic.
Of course, it’s a wise strategy to always promote your Web site offline with traditional media if your budget allows: print, television, and radio advertising. Additionally, be creative with new places to promote it, such as bumper-stickers, t-shirts, frivolous office accessories, etc.
When will I see results from this SEO & Web marketing work?
You will see improved traffic at different times depending upon the techniques used, how stiff your competition is for search terms, how often people are searching for the search terms, and how well your Web site is optimized for those search terms. At T1, we tell our customers they will see results in 2 to 4 months, depending upon the service level they agree to. Most search engines will often index a site in about one week after being notified of the sitemap.xml file. Your site’s volume will improve as your search engine ranking improves. You will also experience more traffic and a better search ranking as your domain name gets older. In this case, domain name seniority matters. As referenced earlier, more inbound hyperlinks to your site from reputable sources may cause the biggest boost in your rankings. This creates referral traffic, something you should always be looking for.
Do I need a blog?
This is one of the best ways to generate immediate, targeted Web traffic. T1 highly recommends you set up a blog and write often about your industry, your products and services, and how your products and services help people produce more and/or profit more. How often should you post? At least once a week, if not 2-3 times per week. Try your best to write your blog postings in terms of your prospects and current customers. For example, if you are in the home audio service industry, an article on proper installation of speakers, sub-woofers, and audio components would be tremendously helpful. Most people struggle with putting the pieces together; a How-To piece would be useful and relevant to your customer base. People love How-To articles on blogs (and emails). Write articles of interest aimed at your target audience (prospects and current customers) and configure your blog software to notify all major ping services when you publish. Aside from sending an email blast to everyone on your email list, blogging is the most immediate way to reach your audience and generate traffic to your Web site.
How do I set up a blog?
There are numerous free blogging services available to you (e.g. Blogger, Wordpress, etc). At T1, we prefer to have a discussion of your needs first, and then we’ll present the proper solution to you for your blog. While the free blogging services are nice, they can be cumbersome to integrate into your Web site. (All of our Web hosting customers have free blog capabilities and can install a Wordpress, b2evolution or Nucleus blog right from their control panel with the click of a button) There is some minor design work required to provide a seamless appearance to your existing Web site. In short, we would be happy to discuss your blog and any of our other proactive marketing services with you.
Call us at 1-855-481-8324 to setup a free marketing consultation.